Sunday, April 24, 2011

Changes in attitudes, changes in latitudes...literally

Changes in Latitudes; It's been a few days since we've left Hawaii. It was the very first time that I had ever been, there was so much that I wanted to see...the Arizona Memorial, the Might Mo, the submarine museum, the punchbowl crater. What I actually accomplished out of all that: none.

What I was able to actually do was go an impromptu car trip across the island with Andrew and took some extraordinary pictures of the most scenic island I've ever seen. Pictures to follow. I had no regrets, hell, he even treated me to a couple bottle of Sierra Nevada Torpedoes at the end of the night. Twas a good evening, so I can't even complain that I missed the main sights.

Changes in attitudes; Something I've noticed lately, and call me a hipocrite if you must, but more and more some country music speaks more powerfully to me than it did before. Namely the Zac Brown Band on "The Foundation" record. Maybe I'm just missing some of the simple things I used to take for granted about living in the mountains. But it also seems like as soon as I left that area I starting missing it. So, maybe it's just my fickle being afterall.

On another note, I finally got around to calling one of the eletrician's mates to come take a look at our lights in my office space. It longer looks like an alley where homeless folks would reside. Although, if you ever just look into the array room to see us SPY techs watching TV or playing games, it would definately look like we were desistitute(sp?). All of us just laying where there is a bit of cushion, like rags...huddling for warmth from the cold handsof the A/C that keeps our space just under a comfortable temperature of 35 degrees...

I miss my girls something terrible. Laura tells me that Shelby says "Goodnight, I love you!" to my image on the DVD of bedtime stories that I made her before I left. I cried a little when she told me that, a happy kind of cry though.

~chase

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to make those DVDs before you left. That made me cry a little, too. Are you able to web-cam any?
    Now you know why your Papaw Bill and Grandmaw Liena liked spending winters in Hawaii...

    ReplyDelete