Thursday, June 9, 2011

A peek into my small world

Some of the folks that read this blog have been asking me what it's like to live as a Tin Can Sailor. Well, I figured it was about time to post some pictures I was able to snag from my wife when she visited my berthing area.






When I lay on my back in the rack I'm able to bend my arm at the elbow and touch the top of the rack. There is a gap of about 6 inches from the bottom of my mattress to the very end of the enclosure that is my rack, my feet hang off this gap onto the cold metal. I've made a habit of putting my old fleece sleeping bag in that area to keep out the cold air.

I've actually attached velcro to the top of the rack so I can put my iPad up there to watch movies or TV shows. Works pretty well, imagine sitting really close to a big screen TV.

You can't see them in these pictures, but I've put pictures of my loved one on the side of the wall inside, where I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment