Friday, May 27, 2011

Pattaya is hot...very very hot, and humid.

So my time in Pattaya was long this time around, though I like to think it was eventful. I was able to get a *very* nice suit made, a Hugo Boss from what I understand. Got plenty of souvenirs for the wife and daughter. And had some incredible food, to include Coco's Ichibanya Curry! The only problem I had the entire time was the fact that I sweated everywhere I went. I mean, I don't think I've ever sweated so much just walking place to place.

The atmosphere was pretty much the same as I remember; vendors literally hounding you on every street asking you to buy their knock-off merch. The stuff looks authentic enough, hell I almost bought a Rolex knock-off for $10 just because it looked so much like the real deal. Though, everything was extremely cheap there, I think I ate and got around pretty well for $80 for all eight days. A litre of bottled water was about 70 cents, Red Bull was around 50 cents, and the average dish of food was around 120-160 baht which is around $4-6 for a dish of Thai food.

Thailand was also the first place in a while that I've smelled that Asian port smell, it's kind of a mix with dirty water and sidewalk-vendor grilled fish/squid. Hard to explain, but it takes me back to those ports everytime. As soon as I am able to, I'll post some pictures of everything thus far, but because I've only been able to access internet through the ship's computers I'm not able to post any of my personal pictures yet. With any luck, i'll be able to nab an overnight chit in one of the next ports and upload a load of pictures.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete