Saturday, May 7, 2011

In the Name of our Ford

*Sigh*....it's a really good thing I brought a coffee maker underway, otherwise I would never make it on the night watches. I'm on auto-pilt on nights like this, which isn't bad, just...bleh. I'm starting to look forward to the watch rotation because it gives me time to work on whatever I need, and I have a looooong time to think to myself.

I've been doing a lot of thinking to myself about the similarities between today's USA and the novel, "1984" by George Orwell. We've even got some quotes written on the console screen. Quotes like "Beware the Thought Police", "Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength". Substitute Ford is "Big Oil", and you've got yourself a manifesto. Keeping the nation at war for nationalism and controlling what the public know about events. I need to read that book again.

Time for watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment