Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rememberall

Dear Future Chase,
If you are thinking about re-enlisting or coming back into the Navy after you become a civilian, please remember a day like this one, and the other reasons you said you were getting out. But first, smack yo' self, foo. I'm waiting.....did that feel good? No? Good.

1. Wearing PT gear in extremely hot weather instead of coveralls that become incredibly hot makes the work seem a little better. Wearing said PT gear, then having a "khaki" that just came out of the A/C to inspect your working progress and telling you that you need to be wearing coveralls while working outside, makes me a little upset.

2. Painting in the rain really does happen, and it is a bad idea. Water-based mean that WATER THINS THE PAINT.

3. Sweeping water

4. Howard, the "do as I say, not as I do" capital. Telling you not to drink and make a fool of yourself, then seeing the same person later that night...passed out.

5. YOU ARE ON PERMANENT SHORE DUTY, DO YOU NEED A BETTER REASON?!?!?

So, Future Chase, I hope you learned something. Even though there are only five examples here, I'm sure a flood of memories will start resurfacing. Remember, you are a special person to me, you are a contributing member of society, and dog-gone it people like you.
Love,
Past Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment