Friday, July 8, 2011

A Re-occurring Dream

This is a re-occurring dream that I originally had when I about 5 years old. It originally came to me I think when I had a friend stay the night and I remember it was an exceptionally clear night when I looked out of the window. I've had this particular dream several times over the years with very little change to the overall feel. About a month into deployment it happened again, so I thought I would share it in prose form.


The Machinist's Plan

Hums of a mechanical heart purr away.
The one in my arms, her cares are astray.
Our final minute once seemed so long,
the starlight highlights this last time.

The dark sky feels the home I know not,
A danger nearby that could have hardly forgot.
The machine hums closer, without eyes guiding.
The girl closes her eyes, our thoughts collide.

We're outside sleeping on concrete unreal.
Whispers back and forth of innocence we feel.
It makes it hard to see beyond the metal,
and the deathly steel which a doom will settle.

Stars are now falling all around & between.
The calm in our eyes and thoughts are now seen.
"They will be fine, and the others like them.",
a voice calmly tells us, a voice without sin.

The scene is now ending, two loves are removed.
the machina's will of desire for now, soothed.
the mechanical heart still purrs away,
the night that should never be, stays at bay.

3 comments:

  1. Is this a sister Shelby dream? Seems like it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the first time I had no idea what to make of it. I haven't really analyzed it for more than an unknown danger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she protects you and goes with you everywhere...

    ReplyDelete